This past week I received a sudden email from Trevor telling me that he changed his phone number as he had taken a new job. However, he did not provide any further details in that email, so I sent him a quick message and he replied with the following note:
"Started at a startup named WoollyPocket. Am at conference in Atlanta and it is blowing up!!!"
Intrigued, I went to their website (http://www.woollypocket.com/), and I love the concept! Essentially, it is gardening for all those areas where gardening would not be possible. Remember, I grew up in the middle of an urban city and I never had a garden of my own, so this would have been great to cultivate my green thumb. Jacquelyn and I recently talked about submitting for a plot at a local community garden, but this could be a good alternative! We're very curious to try it.
I'm sure Trevor will help this company reach the next level! I'm excited to learn more about it.
Update from Trevor (Jan 16):
We have some crazy ambitious goals, but I will say that the response from the top garden centers in the nation has been incredible, and we're well on our way to spreading this concept throughout the US and UK.
Right now I'm in Atlanta and will be back in LA next week to launch it in all Armstrong Garden Centers (so you Cali folk will be seeing it on their shelves within the next 60-90 days), and then to Kentucky for a week (Bullman, can you swing by?) and then possibly bay area and Seattle before Valentine's Day. Fun, but CRAZY!
We have some crazy ambitious goals, but I will say that the response from the top garden centers in the nation has been incredible, and we're well on our way to spreading this concept throughout the US and UK.
ReplyDeleteRight now I'm in Atlanta and will be back in LA next week to launch it in all Armstrong Garden Centers (so you Cali folk will be seeing it on their shelves within the next 60-90 days), and then to Kentucky for a week (Bullman, can you swing by?) and then possibly bay area and Seattle before Valentine's Day. Fun, but CRAZY!